The purpose of VeggieMeet is to create a fun, easy to navigate, online community for people who (a) have veggie friends or family; and/or (b) maybe interested in going veggie themselves; or (c) have become vegetarians or vegans and want to share, comment and help evaluate the myriad of Vegetarian and Vegan info, products and resources; and/or (d) who just want to mix, mingle and network with folks of like mind and interest.
We've set up a special Forum called "VeggieMeet Functionality" that you can use to offer feedback on your experience with the site. Please let us know:
(1) How is the home page navigation? And what about the Search functionality? Please note if there is anything you can think of that would make the user experience more appealing to first-time visitors. Do you see anything you like that you want more of? Any input, please post a comment at Forum Topic, "Home Page Layout and Site Navigation (before login)".
(2) How about Sign-Up for the site... Easy to do? What did you think about the data we requested? Too much or just about right? More Veggie/Vegan info? What about green, humane and animal welfare info? Enough? ...Was it easy to get your pic uploaded? Think the pic should be required? What about all the Profile info: interesting, fun, or too much/too tedious? Please offer any advice or suggestions at Forum Topic, "Sign-up and Profile Info".
(3) When you're ready please add more info to your profile beyond the required fields. Is the Picture and Album functionality straightforward? Do pics interest you? How about your Blog-- was it easy to create a post and upload an accompanying image? How about interaction with other members-- probably the most important function on ths site. Did you "Friend" a few people? Open a chat? Pretty straightforward? Anything need fixing or improving? What do you think you'd most like to do in terms of interacting with other members? Any privacy issues? Please offer any advice or suggestions at Forum Topic, "General Membership Functionality".
(4) Did you try out the Member Search Functionality? Member Search is among the most critical functions on Social Networking Sites. How was ours- useful and intuitive -- or clunky? Request too much info or just about right? Please offer any advice or suggestions at Forum Topic, "Member Search Functionality".
(5) What about News and Blog content?
(6) Last thing -- Social Networking. Are you a Facebook or Twitter user, or you use sites like YouTube and Flikr? If so, please let us know how you think we could best integrate member data with those other sites? Fan page? Tweet-able pics and content? Check; check. What about some iPhone application to serve up the content or check messages from Friends? Any other ideas -- big or small-- let us know at Forum Topic: "Integration With Other Social Media"
If you made it this far with your feedback, thank you for grinding through it! And if you have any further comments to share, please enter them here.
Thanks again (very much!) for taking your time to give us feedback on VeggieMeet. We hope you'll stick around and Invite Your Friends to become part of the community.
peas and hominy,
the VeggieMeet team